The key premise of Bitskout is that any problem or a task can be broken down into micro-tasks, some of which can be distributed to a large audience. It is very similar to crowdsourcing, but it is much more programmable. In previous example, I've tried to explain how to build almost an end-2-end process based on Bitskout campaigns. Obviously, some tasks, like building an iOS app, are actual jobs that people have, that require special competence and experience.
Now in this post let's see an actual workshop results we've had an experts from a local telecom services provider offering fibre, smart home solutions and security.
Main case: Competitor Intelligence
Understanding competition in your area is one of the key elements of success. Clear view on competition allows you to build a compelling offer for your clients. During discussions we realised that have a list of available WiFi per area already gives you a comprehensive view of competitor distribution. Then, how do you get all those WiFi networks in the area? Looks complex because of scale factor - you basically need to scan each area. And this is exactly where Bitskout can help - distribute mass scale tasks. Here is how the campaign looks like:
- Campaign: Participate in helping our company grow the market share - make a screenshot of WiFi in your area from a mobile phone/tablet, submit it and get a reward. We will visualise on our territory map so we can build better offers for our clients.
- Compensation: €0.5 per each approved screenshot + 3x bonus for remote areas.
- Audience: all company personnel
- Verification: Automated via screenshot image recognition with Amazon Rekognition model.
Building a competition map can really change the market landscape for this local operator. Tailoring the value proposition to the client's situation is the key in the highly competitive markets.
Now, below is a summary of other use cases that we have come up with in workshop. Hence, if you are interested, get in touch and we will run one for you to show how Bitskout can help.
- Address verification: Help our company serve our clients better with correct address - verify address vs google and own database. Whenever you are on the job at a location, you get 5-10 addresses from this location to verify.
- Customer visit report: fill optional report comment fields to get more insight for customer communication (reward €1 per field + x2 for 100% report filling).