No matter which tool you use, you probably hate typing data into it. In this short article, we wanted to show you how you can set up an automated invoice extraction rule in Asana. It will work in the following manner - once the invoice is uploaded to a Dropbox folder, we will extract information from it and create a new Asana task with everything already filled in.
Setting up Bitskout Plugin
To use the Invoice Extraction Plugin:
1. Navigate to the Templates page in Bitskout:
Look for the template labeled "Invoice with Line Items" and click "Use Template."
2. Bitskout will display a list of options for setting up the data you want to appear. If you are using monday.com, click on the tool icon and then select "Select Board/Project."
3. A screen will appear allowing you to select a workspace. In this example, we will choose our workspace.
4. Once you have selected the workspace, a project search screen will appear. Type in the first few letters of the project name and click "Search."
Click on the name of the project where you want the data to appear and then click "Apply."
5. Drag and drop the fields from the left-hand side to the fields on the right-hand side to map where the invoice data will appear.
6. Once finished, press Create. Your plugins will be ready.
Setting up a Rule in Asana
And the last step make sure to add a rule in the project to trigger automated extraction. Bitskout works with attachments in the Task description, thus, your process should assume that the purchase order is attached to the task.
There is an Asana guide to creating rules - check it for more comprehensive instruction to create rules.
Your rule should look like this:
Then depending on the trigger, the purchase order data will be automatically extracted.
In conclusion, automating manual data entry from invoices can greatly improve productivity in your team by reducing the time and effort spent on this task.
If a company processes 100 invoices per month and spends 3 minutes extracting data from each invoice, they are wasting approximately 300 minutes, or 5 hours, per month.
Adding automated invoice extraction will improve not only productivity but also team morale.